Herein lie a whole bunch of things I shall separate later. Many disturbing images as the Horror Muse has apparently come out to play. So, erm, not for the faint of heart. Sorry. ^_^;;
1. I should finish off Derivative Souls, even if it's just a rough outline that I lengthen later. Sort of a 'Is to much, I summup' version
2. There were always worse ways to die, but that wasn't the point, it was never the point. The point was there were better ways, and that
was what he was offering. But they couldn't hear him, trapped inside the preconceived notions of the common unbeliever. But they'd understand, eventually: they only had a choice of better or worse. (could be Ways to Die, or Cake or Death, or.. hmm, *pokes fic*)
3. "Well this is--" there was a pause as Elizabeth struggled to find a better word than "--interesting."
The leader of the trading party from P1R-122 looked rather sheepish and Elizabeth's stomach clenched at the unfamiliar twist to the sickeningly familiar face.
"You're a clone." And Elizabeth was still polite, somehow, but in a ragged way where grief has worn past her defenses and it made the other woman wince.
4. "Look, when I meant there were 'infinite varieties of life' I didn't mean infinite
!" Rodney poked his wobbly opposite angrily and the Jell-o Rodney giggled.
"Apparently you should have specified." (Doppelganger)
5. They chased him through hundred of carefully laid traps before they learned to stop chasing him. Then he turned tactics and worried away at their flanks until they forgot what they learned and bled away men in ones and twos into an alien jungle that masked body heat and biosigns and turned anything metal to pitted scrap in minutes. (Fight or Flight)
6. They got him back a sliver at a time, each time through a different channel, each time as untraceable as the last. They only knew it was him because Carson still checked, every piece, every scrap, because not knowing was somehow worse. Only it wasn't, because each tiny package, delivered like gifts, like tribute, meant somewhere, somehow he was still alive. (Ways to Die)
7. It wasn't that Steven was unused to the unknown; Geology and Botany were both disciplines that thrived on field research and Indian Jones style quests for answers (although minus the fame an fortune). And it wasn't being trapped on the side of a mountain, per se, because between his years as a Boy Scout and his time in the SCA and that one rather disastrous weekend on the Appalachian Trail, he'd spent plenty of time in the middle of nowhere.
It wasn't even the fact that he was well and truly lost (on an uncharted mountain on an unexplored continent on an unknown planet in a pretty darned big galaxy). No, it was... _______________________________"STARGATE ATLANTIS", "STARGATE SG1" and other related entities are owned, (TM) and © by MGM TELEVISION and DOUBLE SECRET PRODUCTION in association with GEKKO FILMS and THE SCIFI CHANNEL. All rights reserved. No copyright infringement is intended nor implied.Technorati tags: writing | fan fiction | science fiction | stargate atlantis | the unforgotten country | fanfic